All representers must bring a poster, this means that if you are aiming for an oral presentation and are selected for an oral presentation you must also bring a poster. When you submit your abstract via the submission form you can choose to apply for an oral presentation. The PBE2018 Scienctific Organizing Committee, who is behind the scientific program, will serve as abstract selection committee i.e. select the abstracts which will be invited to give an oral presentation.
Deadline for submission of abstracts is March 27, 2018.
THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED
Guidelines for POSTER PRESENTATIONS
• Your poster must be prepared in English, which is the official conference language.
• Each author will be provided one poster board (240 cm height x 95 cm width). Each board will be numbered and assigned to a theme, so please be sure to place your poster on the correct board. Materials for attaching your poster will be provided by the organizers.
• All posters will be displayed throughout the whole conference. Authors are expected to be present by their poster during the poster session with the theme the respective poster has been assigned to. Please consult the scientific programme.
• During the abstract selection process the Scientific Organizing Committee replaced some of the abstracts to themes that they found more appropriate. Please be sure to check the conference App for the final theme placement of your abstract.
Guidelines for submission
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts cannot exceed 300 words (excluding title, authors and affiliations).
- Standard abbreviation does not need explanation. Otherwise abbreviations must be defined when first used in the text.
- Each author may only be the presenting author of one abstract.
- A confirmation will be generated automatically and sent to your email address. If you do not receive a confirmation after submitting your abstract, please contact us directly at
- If changes to your submitted abstract are necessary, please contact us by e-mail prior to the official deadline.
- Authors will be notified if they have been selected for oral presentation on April 19, 2018.
- Deadline for abstract submitters to register and pay is May 1, 2018. Abstracts are automatically withdrawn in cases where abstract submitters fail to register and pay the registration fee for the conference by the registration deadline.
When submitting your abstract you assign it to one of the nine scientific themes that corresponds with the scientific programme - but you also have the opportunity to assign your abstract to the last theme: "Beyond the scope of sessions".
- Phenotyping on different scales
- Photosynthetic diversity
- New breeding technologies
- Seeds for the future
- Niche crops
- Plant Microbiome
- Environmental Resilience
- Genome evolution
- Natural Products
- Beyond the scope of sessions