Instructions for speakers:
• Your presentation must be prepared in English, which is the official conference language.
• Presentations should be prepared in 16:9 format with Microsoft PowerPoint (Microsoft Office 2003 or newer). Use 32-point font for titles as a minimum, and 24-point font for body text on all slides.
• Your oral presentation should adhere to the time slots listed in the official PBE2018 scientific program. The timeframe includes the assignment of at least 5 minutes for questions and discussion. Please be aware that time limits will be strictly enforced by session chairs.
• Presentations must be submitted on a USB drive in the speakers room which is meeting room 16 on the first floor. Please contact one of the congress staff members in the speakers room to upload your presentation – either in the morning before the program starts or at the latest 60 minutes before the respective session starts. Speakers room opening hours: 7.30 - 17.00 on all conference days.
Instructions for poster presenters:
• Your poster must be prepared in English, which is the official conference language.
• Each author will be provided one poster board (240 cm height x 95 cm width). Each board will be numbered and assigned to a theme, so please be sure to place your poster on the correct board. Materials for attaching your poster will be provided by the organizers.
• All posters will be displayed throughout the whole conference. Authors are expected to be present by their poster during the poster session with the theme the respective poster has been assigned to. Please consult the scientific programme.
• During the abstract selection process the Scientific Organizing Committee replaced some of the abstracts to themes that they found more appropriate. Please be sure to check the conference App for the final theme placement of your abstract.
The official working language at the congress is English and no translation is offered.
Passport and visa
The entry formalities for the Kingdom of Denmark vary according to the country of origin. There are no visa requirements for EU passport holders. Other congress delegates are asked to address enquiries about entry and vaccination requirements to the travel agent or to the local Danish Embassy / Consulate / Representation in the home country. All foreign citizens must be the holder of a valid passport. Further information can be obtained on www.um.dk/en
Letter of Invitation
The congress organisation will be pleased to send a formal letter of invitation to delegates requesting an invitation letter for visa purposes. It is understood that such an invitation is intended to help potential delegates to raise funds or to obtain a visa. This does not imply a commitment from the congress organisers to provide any financial support. For more information, please contact DIS Congress Service.
Travel in Denmark with a Travel Pass for a very low price
Attendees at PBE2018 now have the exclusive opportunity to buy Copenhagen Travel Passes priced at a substantial discount. The Travel Passes are used in all types of public transport in the capital region, which covers the area around the conference, including from and to the airport. The registered PBE attendees have the option of purchasing the Travel Pass for 2-5 days with the price ranging from 10-24 Euros. This is a very low price compared to standard fare prices.
Follow the link to purchase the Travel Pass. The Travel Pass is personal and you will receive it by SMS and email.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LINK ONLY WORKS IN THE INTERNET EXPLORER BROWSER AND YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON "SHOW ALL CONTENT".
Liability and Insurance
Participants are requested to arrange for their personal travel and health insurance. Neither the Organisers (PBE) nor the Congress Secretariat will assume any responsibility whatsoever for damage or injury to persons or property during the congress.
Police - Ambulance - Fire Brigade * Dial 112
The weather in Denmark in June is normally very pleasant, usually sunny. Daytime average temperature is around 20°C, evening temperature around 15°C. For more information, please see: www.dmi.dk/en/vejr/
Currency and money exchange
The currency in Denmark is Danish Kroner (DKK). 1 Euro is approx. 7,46 DKK and 1 USD is approx. 6,80 DKK as per November 2016. Most shops and restaurants accept Euro, but at a higher rate. Credit cards are widely accepted – also in taxis.
Normal banking hours are from 10:00 to 16:00 hrs. Monday to Friday. On Thursday banking hours are extended to 18:00 hrs. Extended banking facilities are available at Copenhagen Central Railway Station 7 days/week between 07:00 and 21:00 hrs. There are ATMs usually located in connection with a bank branch, which accept a variety of international credit cards. The cards accepted are indicated on the dispenser.
The shops are open from 09:00/10:00 to 18:00/19:00 hrs. Monday through Thursday and 09:30/10:00 to 20:00 on Friday and 09:00 to 17:00 on Saturday/Sunday.
Tips are always included in the prices given in taxis and restaurants in Denmark. Tipping is not expected but appreciated.
Smoking is banned in all indoor public places and restaurants in Copenhagen. The congress is a no-smoking event and smoking is not permitted at the venue.
Electricity is supplied at 220 volts A/C, 50 Hz cycle. Outlets are of the two round pin type.
The Organisers reserve the right to adjust or change the programme as necessary.